Unprecedented Support for Photography
The BYBLOS BANK AWARD supports artistic photography by emerging Lebanese photographers who are less than 45 years old and still little-known to the general public, helping them to promote their work and build their careers.
Goals of the prize
This annual Award aims to:
- Recognize excellence and innovation in a photographer's work
- Promote the discovery of new artistic talents in Lebanon
- Contribute to the establishment of photography as a standalone art in Lebanon
The BYBLOS BANK AWARD is committed to provide sustainable support to the next generation of photographers. For this reason, each year a rigorous process is followed to select a laureate whose work is then promoted before both the public in general and the art community in particular. The overall objective is to expose the winning artist to successful art professionals who can help her or him gain a national and even international reputation.
For more information, please visit:
- After issuing this call for applications and receiving photographs submitted by applicants, a Panel consisting of BEIRUT ART FAIR (BAF) experts and the President of the Jury will select 10 finalists.
- All finalists will be notified by the beginning of July 2018 so they have time to print their photos for exhibition.
- One of each of the finalists' photos will be exhibited from 20-23 September 2018 at the BYBLOS BANK AWARD stand during BAF 2018.
- A Jury of five high-caliber art professionals will deliberate during BAF 2018 to select the winner.
- The name of the 2018 BYBLOS BANK AWARD Laureate will be announced at 5:30 PM on Sunday, 23 September 2018, at the BYBLOS BANK AWARD stand.
The winner of BYBLOS BANK AWARD 2018 will receive:
- A Mentoring Program led by a career artist and focused on preparing the laureate for her or his first solo exhibition.
- Launch of a Media Campaign to raise the profile of the winner and advertise his or her exhibition.
- Hosting and organization of her or his first solo exhibition.
- Publication of an Exhibition Catalog to further promote the photographer and spread awareness of her or his approach to the art.
- Must be at least 18 years of age but less than 45
- Must hold Lebanese citizenship and reside in Lebanon
- Participation in the competition is free and open to all eligible Lebanese, except for employees of the organizing parties, Byblos Bank and BEIRUT ART FAIR, as well as their family members and immediate relatives.
Requirements for application files
- Online submission of the application form.
- Seven (7) photographs in JPEG format with captions.
- A brief presentation text for the proposed work.
- A curriculum vitae (including address, education and training, previous experience, exhibitions at which works have appeared, etc.).
- A synopsis of the topic the photographer would work on for his or her exhibition in the event that he or she were to win the Award.
STAY UP TO DATE, JOIN US
ANY QUESTIONS? CONTACT US
VISIT OUR WEBSITE